Rental Housing Licensing

Annual Residential Licensing

Every person who owns property and operates it as residential rental property needs to secure an annual license for the right to conduct this business within the community. The license must be secured each year and the premises must be inspected at least once every three (3) years.

Application & Form Submittable

Rental Applications and Forms should be returned to:

City of South St. Paul
Licensing/Code Enforcement Division
125 3rd Avenue N
South St. Paul, MN 55075

Obtaining a License

Come to City Hall and pick up an application, request one be mailed to you, or you may download the application on the link below.

Current list of Licensed Rental Properties
Ordinance Relating to Sexual Offenders and Sexual Predators - Residence Prohibition (PDF)

License Information

Landlord & Tenant Information