The Minnesota Housing’s Fix Up Loan offers affordable, fixed-interest loans for energy conservation and accessibility improvements. The loan program has loans available for all income levels with some loans having no income limit.
Features of this loan include:
- Fixed interest rates
- Secured and unsecured loan options.
- Longer repayment terms for lower.
- Hire a contractor or do the work yourself.
- No prepayment penalty
What kinds of properties are eligible?
Single-family homes, duplexes, triplexes, and quadplexes where the applicant owns and occupies the property are eligible for improvements.
Eligible projects for this loan include:
Repair, remodeling, or energy improvement such as :
- A kitchen or bathroom remodel
- Adding a bathroom or finishing basement
- Adding a porch or deck
- Mold and radon mitigation
- Accessibility improvements
- Windows and doors
- Furnace or boiler and air conditioning
- Insulation and attic air sealing
- Adding a basic garage (if none exists)
How do I get started?
- Find a participating lender near you
- Obtain contractor bids or detailed materials estimate
- Work with your lender to complete the loan application, loan closing, and funding.
More information about this loan program and the types of loans available can be found on the Minnesota Housing Fix Up Loan Program Page.